Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Summary and Introduction

As promised, I have a little run down of my weekend home. It was certainly fun, not to mention the most human contact I've had in weeks. It can be summed up as follows:

  • Had a friend drop me off at the Amtrak station in downtown Fresno. I'm still rather divided in my opinion of Amtrak - I could get home quicker driving, but at $37 for a round trip ticket Amtrak is drastically cheaper. Hmm...
  • Opted to stay in and eat pizza and watch Doctor Who with my dad rather than go out to a (apparently very funny) play with my sister. If you ever met my sister, you'd know why I avoid going out with her - she insists upon sitting and socializing for a solid hour after everyone else has left. Incredibly annoying, especially when she can just as easily call them later or see them the next day. 
  • Had an incredibly restful sleep, with no small thanks to my Moosie. I made sure to wear him out before going to bed so he'd be more receptive to my cuddling. No, no, I'm not talking about some macho boyfriend who's too cool for cuddling...I'm talking about this little angel:
He can be very squirmy when he isn't properly exhausted and that means a lot of little paws pressed into by stomach and heads resting heavily across my windpipe. Not a fun experience.
  • Saturday was spent in Livermore shopping around at Lowes and Home Depot for new shower surrounds, fixtures, and sink cabinets for my sister and I's bathroom. Not that I'll ever really use it, but my input on design is still valued (thank Godric). 
  • We finished off the day with The Men Who Stare at Goats - a fab movie in which George Clooney closely resembles my father. Very funny, I highly recommend seeing it. 
  • Sunday was mostly a Costco run before my mom drove me back to the Amtrak station in Stockton. Thank goodness for the Ghiradelli warehouse/shop in Lathrop - I haven't had ice cream in months!
And now, after a quick trip to Walmart for groceries, I am home and in my (very small and lonely) bed.

That done, I guess I owe you guys a little "About Me." My name is Aly, I am a student at CSU Fresno studying accounting and I live on my own...mostly. I have a roommate, Andrea, but I hardly ever see her. I have surprisingly few friends and no love life outside of the occasional party hook up or booty call (girls have needs too, y'know!). My future is still undecided outside of my eventual relocation to England. I guess I'll be winging it, despite all my planning throughout high school...

Anyways, if anyone ever actually follows this blog and has questions that I don't address in future posts, please feel free to ask. As long as they aren't too personal, I'd be happy to tell you anything you'd like!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home